jueves, 17 de noviembre de 2011

Meet my Darling

Well, since I haven´t been able to post any progress pics of my Female Thor lately--because I´ve been and still am studying for my exams--I thought I might as well show you a picture of that great machine that´s behind the construction of all of my cosplays. Darling has accompanied me in my cosplay journey ever since I sewed my first cosplay-oriented stitch.


It´s really old for a sewing machine: about 15 years, probably; I inherited  it from my mother, who´s not fond of sewing (makes me wonder why she even bought the machine, frankly). It´s a SINGER sewing machine; without a lot of the fancy stuff that machines can do nowadays.....but hey, at least it has 10 kinds of stitches and is easy to use. The only problem it´s had so far was once, when the light bulb burned out and I had to change it.  

I keep on discovering more about this sewing machine every time I use it. The most recent thing I noticed: it actually has a little "blade" on its side so I can cut thread when I´m done sewing without resorting to scissors.

I love my machine; it´s a great brand; whenever I have to buy my next one I´ll definitely be getting a Singer, because they´re built to last.

2 comentarios:

  1. Singers are really great machines I've heard:) All the sewing machines we had in school had a blade for cutting the thread, it's so great! I thought it was a standard thing and I was devastated when i noticed my cheap ikea machine didn't have one! :(

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I was so happy when I discovered the the little blade on my sewing machine too! xD I have a Brother sewing machine but I've always wanted a Singer sewing machine! It's also my mom's and I'm the only one who uses it now. It's condition isn't so good anymore but still usable. I've used Singer machines many times and I absolutely think they're the best!

    ResponderEliminar