sábado, 10 de septiembre de 2011

Current cosplay projects

I finally decided that I might as well start off a post by listing my current cosplay projects. I have two planned and with corresponding events:

Princess Zelda (Skyward Sword version):
I love this game, I have loved it from the first time I played. It has grown with me. I honestly thought that the first one I´d be cosplaying from this game series would be Link--as I am something of a Link fangirl and I openly fangirl cosplayer PikminLink.

Who wouldn´t fangirl her? She´s like a sex-changed Link stepped out into real life...

However, I have recently found out about the release date of the latest Zelda game, "Skyward Sword" in Europe. It´s in November!! "I definitely need to whip up a cosplay!!" was my initial thought, but....the nearest con is at the beginning of October. That´s weeks away, and no way am I going to manage chainmail in three weeks. So, next-best: Princess Zelda! Her design for Skyward Sword is relatively simple (and happily armor-free), and I´ve always wanted to cosplay her at some point in time.....so this cosplay-in progress idea was born!!

Lady Sun AKA "Sun Xiang Shang" (Dynasty Warriors 7 version)


i started this cosplay because one of my friends is a wicked fan of this series. She adores the fan-dude in it (he´s admittedly somewhat cool). She wanted to cosplay him, and I decedid that paired cosplay was better than one-one cosplay. I initially juggled the possibility of cosplaying Xiao Quiao (I loved the idea of making huge battle fans), but admittedly when you cosplay one of the Xiao sisters, you need to have the other one tagging along.





SUCH pretty fans, though. 

And since I would have my friend-as-a-bearded-man tagging along istead of friend-as-a-lovely-maiden...I decided to go with this one:
The lovely Lady Sun

What was it that made me pick her in the end? Was it her hair? Her outfit? Her supposedly independent personality in the game? No, none of these. What made me positively salivate to cosplay her was....

Her positively HUGE chackam/wheels/hula-hoops of DOOM, which will be a challenge to make.


Zelda will be cosplayed this early october, at the Japan Weekend convention. Sun Xiang Shang will make her appearance in the December ExpoComic.

My Glorfindel cosplay has temporarily been put on the back-burner, since the massive LotR group I was going to cosplay with decided to switch the dates of cosplaying to next year´s december Con. So I´m juggling the possibility of making a female!Thor cosplay for the December con as well (since it IS a Comic-con, more than a Manga-con).

1 comentario:

  1. Wow, I love that Zelda outfit! I haven't seen it before! So nice to see her in a new version :)

    ResponderEliminar